There is a new movement afoot to promote thankfulness and mindfulness year-round. It's an amazing concept to stand behind because we think we have a lot to be grateful for every day.
As we head toward the one year anniversary of the reauthorization of the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG), we want to celebrate all that we were able to accomplish with the signing of this historic legislation:
- Protecting the health and safety of children in child care settings, including comprehensive criminal background checks and disaster preparedness requirements,
- Stronger licensing standards and the establishment of group size limits and provider-to-child ratios,
- Improving the quality of child care,
- Requiring ongoing training of child care providers,
- Providing families with more child care options including continuous care regardless of a parent’s employment situation, and expanding consumer education at outreach requirements, and
- Encouraging states to take steps to meet the needs of low-income, under-served populations.
We know there’s a long road ahead with funding for early childhood education and the child care landscape. But in this season of thankfulness, it’s important to remember that we’ve also accomplished a lot, too.