The National Center on Early Childhood Health and Wellness (NCECHW) is funding an initiative through Child Care Aware® of America (CCAoA) to provide CCR&Rs with critical health and safety trainings. Successful applicants will receive training curricula and resources on two topics required by the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG).
- Emergency Preparedness, Response and Recovery
- Another required health and safety topic of the CCR&R’s choosing
As part of this initiative, CCAoA will select two CCR&Rs, in different states, for a two-year partnership. Agencies that are committed to working with programs that reach underserved children and families are encouraged to apply.
In Year 1:
- The CCR&R will connect CCAoA with a coalition of key informants to help us assess the agency’s needs on the two training topics.
- Based on the needs assessment, CCAoA will create a customized training module and related resources for each topic.
- The CCR&R will develop a training plan demonstrating how they will use the curriculum in their state.
In Year 2:
- The CCR&R will conduct trainings and participate in evaluation activities with NCECHW/CCAoA.
In addition to receiving customized training materials and personalized training, the CCR&Rs will get $7,000 for participating.
In order to be answered, questions must be submitted by Monday, February 25 at 12:00 pm EST to Rozina Mehertu. Questions will be answered on a rolling basis. We will regularly add updated Q&As via the "Explore and Apply" link above. Please check back frequently.
Please DO NOT submit questions about the RFP in the comments box below as those will not be monitored.