This week, Lynette M. Fraga, Ph.D., Executive Director, Child Care Aware® of America, and other leading experts in the child care space were on the Diane Rehm Show on NPR (88.5 FM) to discuss the issues surround child care in our country.
Child care has become a major issue in the presidential election. Our recently released Child Care in America: 2016 State Fact Sheets provide community leaders and policymakers with important data regarding the state of quality child care and early learning in their respective states, revealing just how big the challenges are that await the next president.
The Diane Rehm Show: Rating the United States on Child Care
Learn more about the state of child care in America, listen to the full panel at wamu.fm/2daiTNd.
We invite you to tune in to NPR (88.5) and join us for this important discussion, which will cover the following questions:
- Why child care is so expensive,
- Why workforce, cost, quality, affordability, accessibility are important in the child care landscape,
- What policies are important when it comes to child care,
- The role that businesses and employers can play in providing support to parents, and
- What parents need to know about child care.