Children and families count on providers to be prepared when disasters strike. Child Care Aware® of America (CCAoA) can give CCR&R staff the insights, strategies, and resources they need to help providers mitigate threats, reduce emotional stress, and protect the children in their care.
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS TRAINING OF TRAINERS
Our Training-of-Trainers opportunity is designed to help trainers prepare child care providers to effectively plan for emergency disaster events, respond appropriately in the aftermath of a disaster, and recover quickly and efficiently.
Following disasters like hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and wildfires, child care providers may be forced to close, rebuild, or in some cases shut their doors forever. Recognizing that emergency preparedness, response, and recovery is vital to the well-being of children, families, and communities, all 50 states now require child care programs to develop an emergency preparedness plan. CCAoA's emergency preparedness training of trainers gives trainers the resources needed to help child care providers:
- Understand recognized child care emergency preparedness standards and discuss how to incorporate them into a written plan;
- Identify and discuss emergencies that may affect their program;
- Recognize ways to support the emotional needs of children and caregivers after an emergency and;
- Identify resources available to support child care emergency preparedness.
The Major Benefits of Our Training
- Our training is developed and led by experts in early childhood education and emergency response;
- It features a variety of instructional approaches, including interactive simulations and small group discussions and;
- We cover a variety of threats and challenges to programs including, utility disruptions, natural disasters, infrastructure failures, and lost or injured child.
To request technical assistance or training for your organization, please fill out this form and a member of our team will be in contact to discuss your needs.